© 2011 Olivia Wik - Country Singer/Songwriter. All RIGHTS RESERVED.
Olivia Wik is a rising star in the Alberta country music scene. This 17 year old songwriter is quickly making a name for herself within the industry as Olivia's vibrant and sweet style shines with a unique country sound.
As winner of the 2012 Global Country Talent Search (Youth), Olivia recently traveled to Nashville and Pigeon Forge for the 2013 NACMAI (North American Country Music Associations International) competition. In the 17-20 division, Olivia won International Female Vocalist, International Female Entertainer, Songwriter, and Co-Songwriter (with Larry Wayne Clark). In 2011 and 2012, Olivia was nominated for ACMA Female Artist and Fan's Choice awards. Since 2011, Olivia has been entertaining audiences at local, provincial and national levels. Olivia sang at the famous Tootsies in Nashville and recorded 2 demos at Smash Recording located inside Studio 19. She has performed at main events such as the 2012 CCMAs 'Diamonds in the Rough Stage' in Saskatoon, Calgary Stampede, Big Valley Jamboree, Westerner Days, Summer Send Off Festival, River City Round Up, FarmFair at the CFR and New Year's Eve at City Hall in Edmonton. Olivia has also sung the national anthem for the Edmonton Eskimos and Edmonton Indy. Olivia publishes her songs with Royalty Music Publishing Inc., and regularly writes with Larry Wayne Clark . She has also written with Troy Kokol, Tim Taylor, Freddy Litwiniuk, Willie Mack, Vee Lasher, Jimmy Whiffen, Mitch Smith, Jason Petric, and Frannie Klein. Olivia's songs 'Drive' and 'Visit Me' (co-writer Larry Wayne Clark) were winners in the 2013 NACMAI competition and semi-finalists in the 2012 UK Songwriting Contest. Olivia's talents caught the ear of TV producer/host Michael-Ann Rowe of the Detroit PBS show "Off the Beaten Palate". Olivia's songs, 'Taste the Sun' and 'Alberta Pride', will be used for this food & travel show airing June 6, 2013.
In the community, Olivia was the sole entertainer for the official launch of Strathcona County's 2011 Relay for Life Cancer fundraiser and also performed at various locations in Alberta’s Capital Region for the charity. She sang at the Tulong Sa Kapwa benefit concert for flooding victims in the Philippines, has entertained at various senior facilities in Northern Alberta, and for the past 2 years, Olivia has participated in Run Wilde Marathon in St. Albert.
Connecting with people, seeing the audience tap their feet and singing along with Olivia is all in a days’ work for this promising music sensation. Country music is Olivia’s passion and what fuels her soul.
- TV Credits for Detroit PBS series 'Off the Beaten Palate'
- Winner, NACMAI International Female Entertainer & Female Vocalist (New Modern Country, Youth)
- Winner, NACMAI International Songwriter & Co-Songwriter (with Larry Wayne Clark) (New Modern Country, Youth)
- Finalist, Calgary Folk Fest Songwriting Contest
- Finalist, Ponoka Stampede Talent Contest
- Nominee, Interactive Artist, K-Leigh's Korner Awards
- Winner, Global Country Star Search (Youth)
- Runner-Up, Edmonton Undiscovered
- Semi-Finalist, UK Songwriting Contest
- Semi-Finalist, Lammle's Rising Star
- Nominee, ACMA Female Artist of the Year & Fan's Choice (top 8)
- Nominee, CN Award for Youth Artist, 25th Mayor's Celebration for the Arts
- Nominee, Outstanding Female Artist, ID VIP Team
- Winner, Country Vocal Showcase - CFR
- Winner, Sherwood Park Talent Quest
- Nominee, ACMA Female Artist of the Year and Fan's Choice